Monday, January 5, 2009

5 times skunked

Well, I haven't had a productive hunt since my birthday, but that doesn't stop me from having fun! I've hunted 3 days since Christmas, once with Heidi's dad which was a really cold morning, and have had a few shots at birds, but it just hasn't come together very well. Anyway, here is a couple pictures of my latest adventure.


That's an icy Snake river under a beautiful sun rise. Unfortunately, nice days are not great for duck hunting.


While the hunting hasn't been great, everything else has been. I worked an extra week in Wyoming at the beginning of December and got enough overtime to get Heidi a new stove, microwave and carpet for the bedroom. Plus, I had enough to get and AR15. However, I decided that I only wanted the AR as a rebellion, and I don't really need or want one. So, I got a bolt action .243 instead and had enough left over for some serious ice fishing gear!

2 comments:

Mohna said...

What an awesome picture! Jon loves to hunt too but a big part of it for him is seeing all the beauty out there!

Heidi said...

Thanks for working so hard to spoil me!! I hope to help you break your streak when you get home